Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Chickens On The Run!

In the unlikely event you've heard of an rap artist by the name of Ricochet, you may have heard of the song "Chickens On The Run" (or the title may be Coo Coo Chee, I can't confirm). If you have heard the song, the lyrics make some pretty interesting statements regarding men and women. For those of you who haven't heard or don't remember, here is a sample of some lyrics: "I love being a woman", "you know you want some", "there oughta be a law the way you walk in those pants comin up in here half dressed where ya clothes at", "there's something about that kitty cat, when she gimme that" (I think you get the point).

This got me thinking about the whole cat and mouse game men and women play that starts in grade school. I joke with my homeboy til this day about keeping chicken feed in his pockets to spread around. What is chicken feed? Chicken feed is anything that will attract a woman, for example, it could be a car, money, jewelry, or non-material things, such as, however unlikely, a good personality, humor, or intelligence. Things that will attract a man are less complicated and could be referred to as a "doggy bone". LOL. Anyway, when do we as men begin to transition into the chicken chasing phase? For me, it had to begin with my older brother when I was about 11 or 12. All he and his friends ever talked about was girls girls girls girls, girls all over the world (Shot out Jay-Z). If the conversation wasn't about getting with a girl, it was about trying to get with a girl. If the conversation wasn't about the girl they just had, it was about the one they plan to get. It was like money didn't make the world go around, but women. Life was not about how many dollars you had in the bank, but how many numbers you had in the proverbial black book.

I believe these thoughts are only enhanced and fine tuned as men get older and their game becomes more organized (K-9 instincts really kick in). The predator versus prey relationship has truly developed. This is evident in the fact that most men seem to have difficulty in a monogamous relationship. Only a few men seem to be able to completely remove this kindergarten behavior from their lifestyle as adults. I refer to it as kindergarten because, it appears to develop at a young age. I've heard some people say, "Its the thrill of the chase". Every time I hear that, I want to ask them if they plan on going on an African Safari anytime soon.

The Blame Game (Men)

I used to work with a lady in her late forties. She told me about her father, the rolling stone, and how literally where ever he laid his hat was his home. She didn't know how many brothers and sisters she actually had. She turned out to be a really nice person, but I don't have to tell you what type of men her brothers (the ones she knows about) turned out. The point is, how many of us know some old school guys who fall under the same category as her father? Could this be a clue that leads us to the source of this chicken phenomenon? Or, could television perpetuate this image to us as we grow up? In how many James Bond movies does the lead character hook up with a good looking woman? In just about every movie you can think of with a stud lead male character he hooks up with a female. Wasn't Shaft a ladies man also? There may be a lot of finger pointing to go around.

The Blame Game (Women)

I haven't forgot about the song and lyrics I mentioned earlier. I'm saving the best for last. A major part of the song discusses how women use their sexuality to their benefit. Did the skirt really have to be that short? If so, why are you constantly tugging at is throughout the day to force a few more centimeters from it? When I go to the gym to workout, it never fails, there are always several women in there dressed in a revealing manner (I'm talking camel toe) talking on the cell, constantly viewing the room for observers, while barely breaking a sweat. These are the same ones that wonder why men are staring at them. Yeah, he is actually thinking about what a wonderful spouse you would make. Yeah right, "oh my, what big teeth you have, the better to eat you with my dear". That's what he's really thinking. Women flaunt it all day everyday, and men love it. There is a reason many women can't get ready for a date in under 30 minutes. Does hook, line, and sinker ring a bell? Andre 3000 talks about this very subject in his album "The Love Below". (I will do another blog on that album later.)

Truth be told, we are the foxes outside the pen sizing up the chickens. However, most chickens are armed with bird flu that they are apparently immune to. They don't seem to be bothered when they see the fox's sharp teeth as he glazes over the chicken's breast and thighs in her 5 inch heels. The chicken just stands there patiently taking her time, putting lip stick on, planning her strategy to how to use what she got to get what she wants. And 9 times out of 10, she will get what she wants.

This phenomenon has been around for ages and it won't be leaving anytime soon. Economics 101, supply and demand. Women have the supply and it is definitely in demand.

1 comment:

  1. Ok, I'm new to your blog, so this comment is 2 months late, but you are so funny! But you make some very good points. We have supply just like you all have chicken feed, as you put it! I think it's about learning how to balance, and bringing the appropriate menu to a certain venue. If I want husband material, I know that only about 5% of the club men might be that. And we have to be real about it, and not get offended. If I catch while I'm in a Catwoman suit (hehe), i can't expect his big head to be leading the way, now can I?

    ReplyDelete